OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G – Full phone specifications.
The most affordable OnePlus phone gets wickedly fast charging and supports a lot more 5G bands
The OnePlus Nord series phones have consistently offered extremely good value for money. The original Nord set and raised the bar for its segment two years ago, and since then we’ve had its successor the OnePlus Nord 2 (Review), and the OnePlus Nord CE (Review) or Core Edition, which became the new entry point to the whole OnePlus smartphone experience.
OnePlus has now launched the successor to the Nord CE, simply called the Nord CE 2. While it still has a relatively low entry price, it also has a bunch of little improvements that should hopefully add up to a better user experience. However, the competition in this segment has never been fiercer. All major brands currently have very aggressive offerings, the latest being the Realme 9 Pro+ which features a flagship-grade main camera.
OnePlus smartphones have so far been very popular in India, largely thanks to their very good software. However, with Oppo’s heavy influence on the brand these days, does that still hold true? Let’s find out.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 price in India
The OnePlus Nord CE 2 is available starting with 6GB of RAM for Rs. 23,999, and with 8GB of RAM for Rs. 24,999. There’s no 12GB variant of this phone. Both variants of the OnePlus Nord CE 2 have 128GB of storage. Unlike with the Nord CE, storage on this phone is expandable thanks to the dedicated microSD card slot in the SIM tray. The phone is available in a Bahama Blue and Gray Mirror finishes.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 design
The OnePlus Nord CE 2 looks quite different from the Nord CE, and by different, I mean a little more premium. In fact, it looks very similar to the Oppo Reno 7 (Review). It still has a plastic frame but the back panel is now made of Corning Gorilla Glass 5, just like the display. One annoying side effect of this glossy finish is that it’s a huge fingerprint magnet.
There’s still no trademark OnePlus alert slider on the CE models, but on the bright side, OnePlus has kept the headphone jack. You also get a USB Type-C port and a single speaker at the bottom. The OnePlus Nord CE 2 still has a 6.43-inch AMOLED display with a 90Hz maximum refresh rate, but it’s now HDR10+ certified. The display has a relatively thick chin and the bezels along the rest of the panel are also very prominent. The phone has a very pleasant in-hand feel, and it seems quite sturdy and well put-together. It’s fairly slim (7.8mm) and light (173g) too, which makes it comfortable to use.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 specifications
The specs of the OnePlus Nord CE 2 have gotten better, and once again, you’ll find this phone has a lot in common with the Oppo Reno 7. It features the more powerful MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC. However, more than the resulting performance improvement, I’m happy to see support for eight 5G bands in India, compared to just the one band with the Nord CE.
The OnePlus Nord CE 2 also has other upgrades such as expandable storage in the form of a dedicated microSD slot. There’s Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and support for 65W fast charging, compared to 30W with the previous model. This phone still misses out on stereo speakers and an IP rating, but considering its price and other features, we can let these slide.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 performance and battery life
Performance was never really an issue with the OnePlus Nord CE and is certainly not a pain point with the CE 2. You get OxygenOS 11.3 out of the box, not 12 yet, which is the same version that the OnePlus 9RT (Review) was launched with. There are plenty of shortcuts and gestures to play with and the whole experience felt fluid and snappy. The Nord CE 2 will get two years of Android updates and three years of security updates, as promised by OnePlus. You also get Google’s stock dialler and messaging apps, and call recording is supported when you’re on a call.
|Network Service Provider||Unlocked for All Carriers|
|Whats in the box||SIM Tray Ejector, Adapter, USB Cable|
|Model Name||OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G|
About this item
- 65W SUPERVOOC – Accelerated charge velocity shall rocket the 4500mAh battery to a day’s power in 15 minutes. Certified by TÜV Rheinland, one shall “Charge & Play” with absolute peace of mind.
- Mediatek Dimensity 900 – Powered by a 5G enabled, octa-core monster of a chipset that’s tad more powerful than previous CE, consider this the “Best in class” daily driver for entertainment with its “dragon-slaying” power efficiency, thermal control and support for Wi-Fi 6.
- 6.43 inch, 90Hz FHD+ AMOLED Display – Shielded by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, scroll, swipe, and enjoy all your entertainment effortlessly on this HDR10+ certified, OnePlus-worthy display.
- AI-infused Triple Camera – This amazing camera setup comprises of a 64MP main sensor, 119° wide-angle and a 16MP selfie shooter. Powered by inhouse algorithm, imaging in badly or unevenly lit environments shall become so much easier
- All Flexible – The OnePlus Nord CE 2 is equipped with triple card slots, meaning you have the flexibility to go dual SIM, with an additional micro SD that allows for up to 1TB extendable storage. Also, this phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack
- Designed by OnePlus – Coming in at 7.8mm thick, weighing 173g, this is THE slimmest OnePlus phone yet, since the 6T.
- OnePlus Quality – Powered by the most stable version of OxygenOS 11, based on Android 11, this device is easily futureproof, boasting 2 Years of Android version updates and 3 years of worth of security patches via OTA
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Alexa Hands-Free capable: Download the Alexa app to use Alexa hands-free. Play music, make calls, hear news, open apps, navigate, an more, all using just your voice, while on-the-go
- Connector type: usb type c.